Disasters in the form of natural calamities are surely very unfortunate but more unacceptable fact is that one can’t control, delay or stop the occurrence of any such natural phenomenon. These are most likely to happen at unexpected point of time and most of the people are unprepared for handling such catastrophe and overall insufficiencies caused by them.
What’s the Need of Emergency Food Supplies?
It is must to have a complete checklist of food items that would be needed in emergency. The list includes all the basic needs like food, water, and clothes. People should be well prepared with the best emergency items that are going to help them in the long run. No one is going to tell you when the earthquake is going to hit or when any cyclone will take your breaths off.
So if you want to make sure that your family and friends along with you survive in these disastrous situations, you should be well occupied with the emergency stuff.
What Type of Foods Stocks are Available in the Market
Only non-perishable food stuff can be packed and used in the long run. There are various brands that supply such items like Provident pantry, Wise Food Storage, and so on.
- Canned fish and meat is a wiser option because they have longer expiry durations and can be easily preserved too. You can also have canned fruits.
- Juice boxes can be kept without refrigeration and thus you can have an ample amount of these.
- Every household must keep a water storage tank. Use high density and food-grade polyethene to store it. Along with this storage reservoir, you also need a purifying system.
What are the Food Items that Come Under Emergency Food Items?
- Honey- Surprising, but this actually never contaminates. Due to temperature variations, its consistency may get changed, but it remains in edible form.
- Salt and Sugar- Although it can absorb moisture, its shelf life is long. This can be used in times of shortage.
- Wheat- This major part of diet has got so many uses and can satisfy a huge crowd.
- Non-Carbonated Soft Drinks- These can stay there for longer periods as long as bottles are preserved in some optimum containers.